Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
APTM_1974_0040_report.pdfPilot Project for Tibal Development in East Godavari District Andhra Pradesh - Action Plan3.61 MBAdobe PDFView/Open
Record ID: APTM/1974/0040
Document Type: Report
Title: Pilot Project for Tribal Development in East Godavari District Andhra Pradesh - Action Plan
Researcher: P Kamalamanohar
Editor/Author: TCR&TI Andhra Pradesh
Keywords: Tribal Development Blocks
Five Year Plan
Action Plan
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
University: Department of Tribal Welfare Government of Andhra Pradesh
Completed Date: Jul-1974
Abstract: East Godavari District situated on the North-east coast of Andhra Pradesh. It consists of 14 Revenue Taluks, of which Rampachodavaram and Yellavaram Taluks completely lie in scheduled areas. The Eastern Ghats cover nearly half of the area of the district. The tribal population of the District count 1,19,027 according to 1971 census. The percentage of the tribal population to the total population of the district is 3.85%. The project area covers the total tribal population of the district. The major tribal groups inhabiting the agency are Koyas, Kammaras, Konda Reddis, Valmikis, Konda Kapus, Konda Dhoras and Manne Dhoras. The major tribal groups living in the plains are Yerukula and Yenadi. The project covers both scheduled and non-scheduled areas of all the revenues o East Godavari District. The project covers the entire agency taluks of Rampachodavaram and Yellavaram whose tribal population of the project area constitute 76.65% of total tribal population. Among the non-scheduled taluks of the project the remaining 23.34% of tribal population has been covered in this project. Out of 14 taluks in the District, it is proposed to cover two taluks fully and 12 taluks partly. The proposed project is an Agriculture oriented project with emphasis on ancillary items. The main aim of this project to achieve maximum production in the field of agriculture. The proposed Action Plan contains various schemes in the field of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Minor irrigation, Agro industries, fisheries etc. The proposed pilot project will be implemented both in the scheduled and non-scheduled tribal villages of East Godavari Districts with an estimated number of 25,000 tribal households. A Benchmark Survey will be conducted before the actual implementation of Action plan in order to grab the socio-economic conditions of the area and the people. The Benchmark Survey focuses attention on all existing aspects of demographic pattern, land use and cropping pattern, irrigation sources, income and expenditure, marketing of agricultural produce and other allied activities.
Pagination: 165
Tribal Research Institutes: Tribal Research Institute, Andhra Pradesh
Record ID: APTM/1974/0040
Appears in Collections:Tribal Affairs

Items in Ministry of Tribal Affairs are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.